Wednesday, 10 September 2014

My Summer: 2014

I thought a lovely way to start my blog would be with a post telling you about the wonderful summer that I have been lucky enough to have. This year has been a real changing point in my life as I feel I have really come to my senses and realised what's important and what's not. Summer was no disappointment with three amazing trips away with all of my favourite people.

Trip #1: Nice Côte d'Azur

Being a French student, France is of course one of my all time favourite places to visit. This year I spent five days in the French Riviera and I have to say it was one of my favourite holidays to date. I found the clash of beach and city much to my liking, as it accentuates the fast paced Parisian city vibes with a beautiful relaxed and Mediterranean approach to life. I found the transport system to be very good as a 5 euro ticket permitted use to all buses and trams across the Cote d'Azur. Along with spending time in Nice centre of course, we visited Villefranche, Eze, and Monaco. Monaco was an amazing place, bound with wealth yet welcome, be sure to climb up the hill to the palace - it's hard work but most definitely worth it.


Nice Harbour

Nice Beach

 Monaco
 (The most amazing sushi we have ever eaten)
Nice Place De Massena

Do
- Wear comfortable shoes, the entire French Riviera is on a hill and is no way heel friendly
- Spend time exploring the winding nooks and crannies of Nice Old Town
- I cannot stress this one enough: DO validate your ticket on first use by scanning it on either the tram or the bus. Non - validated tickets will wind you up with a hefty 30 euro fine, and the wardens show absolutely no remorse whether it is an honest mistake or not.
-Buy fresh fruit from Nice market -  we ate the best strawberries and cherries.

Dont
-.....forget to validate your tram and bus tickets!
- take a bus to the top of Monaco palace, although there are many steps, you can stop along the way for beautiful views
- go barefoot to the beach - the beaches range from large pebbles to teeny stones, so you definitely need some flip flops to make it to the sea from your sun bed! 

I realise my pictures are not of great quality as they are taken using only my iphone, hopefully if I start to realy enjoy blogging, I can spend my first pay check on a better camera!

Check back later in the week to see my next post - Skiathos Greece

Amy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment